Dark Sky – Hyperlocal Weather
The Dark Sky Weather app, also known as Dark Sky – Hyperlocal Weather, is a four-star rated weather forecasting app that goes a step beyond most other weather forecasters out there. It is made for those who value both highly accurate, hyper-local forecasting plus the ability to obtain forecasts weeks ahead of time. Obviously, accuracy is reduced the further out the forecasts are.
A quick download of the Dark Sky Free Mobile Weather app is all it takes to start receiving real-time, hourly and daily forecasts for any location you desire. You can even set up storm alerts and view detailed weather maps.
Dark Sky’s Weather app is available for Android 4.2 and up and also for iOS mobile devices with iOS 10.3 or higher. Only on Android can you download the more limited Dark Sky Free but you can receive premium features if you download the free trial version. After two weeks, it costs $2.99 per year. On iOS it is $3.99 flat without a subscription fee.
Give Dark Sky Free Mobile Weather App a Tryout
|Dark Sky – Hyperlocal Weather|
|Version: Varies by device
Developer: The Dark Sky Company
Uninstall the app:
1. Go to Settings menu;
2. Choose Apps or Application manager;
3. Touch the app you want to remove;
4. Press Uninstall.
Keep a Sharp Weather Eye Out Wherever You Are
If you want a hyper-accurate mobile weather app that can even tell you when the local rain is going to start or stop so you can time your local outdoor activities, the Dark Sky Mobile Weather app is the one to get. The free version gives you a chance to take it for a spin, while an upgrade costs less than a small latté.
Valuable Dark Sky Weather App Attributes
The many detail-oriented features of this app set it apart from other mainstream weather forecasters:
• Detects your location via GPS and instantly displays today’s forecast
• Add locations from thousands of cities and rural locations
• Down-to-the-minute forecasts tell you if sudden rain might ruin your picnic
• Access min/max temperatures, barometric pressure, dewpoint, humidity, wind speed/direction, cloud cover, UV index, visibility, sunrise/sunset and moon phases
• Check out the weather for the week ahead in a single-page display
• Set up weather alters for rain, severe weather or custom alerts for your favorite data points
• Dark Sky widgets keep you apprised of conditions on the home screen or status bar
• An array of colorful, detailed local and global maps available including rain radar
• Collects weather data from Dark Sky’s own homegrown weather network
Dark Sky’s outstanding forecast app also works in tandem with Apple Watch and Wear OS devices.
The Dark Sky App is a quick download. Once installed, it instantly provides your local forecast whose accuracy is boosted by sourcing weather data from Dark Sky’s vast network of weather stations.
AllTheApps.org is not an authorized representative or the developer of this application. The trademarks and copyrighted materials within this site belong to their respective owners and developers. We strive to provide our readers with informative reviews, tips and links to the particular app store to where they can acquire or purchase the application.