iHeart radio is a free broadcast and Internet radio platform that has grown faster than any of its competitors due to creative and significant marketing. The unique radio and listening company also has a huge social media presence. The company is a free app that only requires subscription fees for on-demand features. When you download iHeart radio, you'll access 850 radio stations across the United States and 100s of other stations from media companies using the service as its platform.
Category: Music & Audio
|Version: Varies by device
Developer: iHeartMedia, Inc.
Uninstall the app:
1. Go to Settings menu
2. Choose Apps or Application manager
3. Touch the app you want to remove
4. Press Uninstall.
iHeart Radio App Options
When you download the iHeart radio app, you will need to create a free account. Once you create your account, you'll be asked to choose your favorite music or talk radio genres. With that information, the iHeart radio app will begin to make listening suggestions.
Users have the ability to like or dislike choices offered to them. By liking a song, the app will begin to choose other choices the listener may be interested in. If a song is disliked, it will not air again.
Users have many options with the iHeart Radio app including creating a personal station, listening to podcasts, also known as talk radio, and listening to live radio from one of the company's partner stations. iHeart Radio services the Yahoo! Music Radio and offers the opportunity to listen to 24/7 news.
The iHeart Radio app can be downloaded on a variety of platforms including online mobile devices such as video game consoles, desktop computers, home audio equipment, TVs, and most tablets.
The broadcast company is owned and operated by iHeartMedia, Inc. It was founded in 2008 with Bob Pittman as the CEO and credited founder. The company was acquired from Clear Channel Communications. As the popularity of the service has grown, it has included award shows, concerts, a variety of spin-off channels, and much more.
- Users have the ability to download their own material through the app's Spreaker feature
- Parents can control what their children listen to with parental controls
- 30 million songs available in the digital music catalog
- 1500 live radio stations from different parts of the country
- iHeart Radio reached 90 million subscribers faster than any of its competitors
- 128 million registered users
- Available in 150 markets
- Over 1 million artists represented in the music catalog
- 250 million monthly listeners
- App has been downloaded over 1.7 billion times
- Company owns over 850+ local radio stations
- The broadcast company hosts its own award shows, concerts, and festival