The free SCRABBLE App lets you play with your Facebook friends or you can play against the program itself. A single touch lets you find an instant opponent from a pool of hundreds of thousands of other players. There is even a Speed Play feature plus a Teacher mode to help you dramatically improve your game skills.
The SCRABBLE App is an all-time favorite for phone and tablet users that is likely to endure into the next century. It has competitors, although none have the mass appeal that SCRABBLE enjoys today.
|Version: Varies by device
Developer: ELECTRONIC ARTS
Uninstall the app:
1. Go to Settings menu;
2. Choose Apps or Application manager;
3. Touch the app you want to remove;
4. Press Uninstall.
Everything you could hope for in a SCRABBLE app is there:
• Choose a level of difficulty and playing style to suit players young and old
• Pass-Around mode so multiple players can use a single device
• HD graphics reveal every board detail
• Use Teacher mode to show you the best word choices to improve your game
• Utilize in-game word lists, the dictionary or the Best Word feature for higher scores
• The shuffle feature reveals hidden word combinations
• Speed Play limits player turns to two or five minutes for added excitement
• Challenge your Facebook friends to a game and enjoy in-game chat and notifications
• Games are not limited to English as French, Italian, Spanish, German and Brazilian Portuguese are also available
Test Your Word Skills, Download the SCRABBLE App Now!
This is a medium-sized app at around 200 MB. On Android devices, it runs if you have Android 4.1 or later and on iPads, iPhones, etc. if the device has iOS 8.0 or higher. The App Store lists six in-app “Packs” ranging from 99 cents up to $49.99, but no description of what those offer unfortunately.
Complaints from users about the free SCRABBLE App include that there are too many pop-up ads and a dictionary that does not cover all English words. You can buy an ad-free version on the Apple Store but apparently there is no such version for Android yet. EA loses points in this regard.
AllTheApps.org is not an authorized representative or the developer of this application. The trademarks and copyrighted materials within this site belong to their respective owners and developers. We strive to provide our readers with informative reviews, tips and links to the particular app store to where they can acquire or purchase the application.