What is Imgur?
Imgur is an image sharing site and online community image host. The company was founded in 2009 by Alan Schaff while he was a computer programming student at Ohio University. He started his website as a simple image-sharing location for many like-minded males and by 2015 it had over 150 million active users a month!
In January of 2010, Alan showed that having an Imgur account will allow the user to create and manage a personalized image gallery. Included was editing and embedding abilities. Comments could be made on all viral images by fans.
|Imgur – Meme & GIF Maker|
Category: Entertainment, Photos, Video Players & Editors
|Version: Varies by device
Developer: Imgur, Inc.
Uninstall the app:
1. Go to Settings menu
2. Choose Apps or Application manager
3. Touch the app you want to remove
4. Press Uninstall.
Install Imgur’s Mobile App
Finally, in June of 2015, both iOS and Android users could download Imgur on any mobile device and start having some real fun! Once you install the mobile Imgur app, which by the way is now one of the top 50 sites in the world, you can get connected to a huge social network.
Male millennia’s find Imgur exciting; they look for fun memes & watch viral videos all the time. Imgur: Find funny GIFs is a photo-sharing site that’s more popular than Tumblr, Reddit, and BuzzFeed. It’s a daily event to go to with a lot of funny photos and viral memes of interest that have become an inspiring hub for the male community culture. Many who post and browse this mass media website feel that everyone on the site is humble and unassuming.
- Imgur: Find funny GIFs and Page Views
- In the first month the site was active it received over 93,000 page views
- Within 10 minutes there were more images posted on Imgur than exist in the entire Library of Congress
- 300 million images have already been uploaded
- There have been 364 billion image views so far
- A steady six-year climb has been going on
- 40 million dollars were invested in the site
- It’s a chrysalis that links a maturing media empire to an image-hosting environment
- 42 Petra bytes, (a million gigabytes) of data has already been transferred since the company’s inception
CNBC did a survey where it found out that the Imgur website had the highest concentration of millennial users, and that most were men. The media site now has a following that's higher than both Twitter and Facebook. Forbes’ 30 Magazine in 2015, listed Schaaf as Under 30 successful millennial.
Gallery, Fun Memes & Watch Viral Videos
Back in July 2013, the service called “Meme Generator” was able to generate image macros and use custom text for the images that were posted.
In 2015, it was announced by Imgur that all images will be removed only if deletion was requested; otherwise, the images that were on the Imgur site would stay there forever.
GIF’s and Image Editing
- The gallery already has a large collection of global viral images.
- Imgur users create GIF’s on the website using a video URL.
- You don’t need editing experience.
- The algorithm will compute shares, votes, and views by listing the time.
- Trophies and earning reputation-points are also part of the fun when you download the Imgur app.
- Some Imgur images are later posted on a variety of social news sites.